The Northeast Chapter's Annual Conference & Trade Exposition was held on 23-25 October 2007 in Burlington, VT. Our host hotel and conference center was the Doubletree on Rt. 2, just off of I-89. NEC'07 featured top quality training classes, presentations & interactive session, and an afternoon of Complimentary Access to the Exposition. And thanks to the generous support of our Premier Sponsor, LOWER ESOPUS RIVER WATCH, the NEC was able to offer reduced rates for regulators.
Feedback from exit surveys was be published in the January 2008 newsletter, which has been sent to all members and posted on the Newsletter page of this website. If you did not complete an Exit Survey for each day of attendance or/and the Membership Questionnaire, please do so now.
NEC’07 will feature the INTERNATIONAL debut of the Certified Erosion, Sediment & Storm Water Inspector™ certification program Review and Exam!! The following certification and training options are confirmed:
- Certified Professional in Erosion & Sediment Control® Review - How to Prepare a StormWater Pollution Prevention Plan - Certified Professional in Storm Water Quality™ Review - Certified Erosion Sediment & Storm Water Inspector™ Review - EXAMS* for CPESC®, CPSWQ™ and CESSWI™ certification
Each of these classes provides 6 contact hours.
NOTE: Anyone can register for these classes - you do not need to be in the certification pipeline to benefit from this valuable information.
*must be pre-approved by CPESC, Inc., to sit for exams
REDUCED RATES and WAIVERS for GOVERNMENT & NON-PROFIT EMPLOYEES
Generous support from the Lower Esopus River Watch very early in the planning process gave us the flexibility to offer the following reduced rates & waivers:
- The cost of the daily Conference Passes for government/non-profit employees is set well below the rate for "Member" and "Other" attendees.
- The Class Fee for the CPESC®, CPSWQ™ and CESSWI™ Review sessions is limited to the cost of the workbook for government & non-profit employees.* The cost of the workbook is set by CPESC, Inc., as is the requirement that the instructor provide each attendee with her/his own workbook on the day of the Review.
- The government/non-profit employee Class Fee for the How To Write a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) class is set well below the rate for "Other" attendees. BONUS: the already-low fee for the SWPPP class will be waived for the first five (5) GOVERNMENT employees who express interest (via e-mail to Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org). As of 1 Sept 07, 0 of the 5 waivers is still up for grabs.*
* These reductions and waivers apply to the Class Fees only, not to the Conference Passes. See Registration Instructions, below, for more information.
COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS to TRADE EXPOSITION on TUES 23 OCT 2007 ** In a dual effort to give the exhibitors maximum exposure and to make the Trade Exposition accessible to local regulators and others working in the E&SC industry who lack the budget and/or time to attend the conference, the NEC is extending an invitation to visit the expo at no charge between the hours of 1-5 p.m. on Tuesday, 23 Oct 07. We encourage (but do not require) groups of 2 or more so that each visitor will have at least one person with whom to compare notes. No pre-registration required.
** Persons attending the free viewing on the 23rd do not need to purchase a Conference Pass.
Daily Conference Passes will provide access to presentations, interactive sessions and the Trade Expo; they will also cover breakfast, lunch and two breaks. All conference attendees must purchase a Pass for each day (exception: complimentary access to the Expo from 1-5 p.m on Tues). Access to the Reception on Wednesday evening is included in the Pass for any day of the conference.
Additional Class Fees will apply to the four day-long training sessions on Tuesday & Wednesday (6 contact hours each). The Class Fees for the CPESC®, CESSWI™ and CPSWQ™ Reviews include $60 for the Review Workbook. You may only sign up for one class per day because they are concurrent; and the classes on Wed are concurrent with the presentations & interactive sessions - see the NEC'07 Agenda, above.
Certification Exams* will be covered by the cost of the Conference Pass for Thurs. Space is limited to 25. * Exam candidates must be pre-approved by CPESC, Inc. Go to www.cpesc.org for more information.
[DUE TO THE CONFUSION THAT THIS SYSTEM WAS CAUSING, THE CONFERENCE PASS FEE AND CLASS FEE (where appropriate) HAVE BEEN ADDED TOGETHER FOR YOU ON THE REGISTRATION FORM.]
Late Registration - submit your registration form via E-MAIL BY Monday 15 Oct 2007 to avoid late fee.
If you're ready to register now, go ahead and use this form. But if you're not quite ready, please wait to download the form - I'm still ironing out the wrinkles! Thank you!
S H A R E Y O U R R E S O U R C E S The NEC’s mission is to connect, educate and support the erosion & sediment control and stormwater management communities. We focus on promoting regionally-appropriate practices, offering specialized training at the local level, and providing a network for scientists, regulators, contractors and all other segments of the industry to share information...
... but we can’t do it alone.
S P O N S O R S N E E D E D for the following events:
The Northeast Chapter won an Honorable Mention in the Partners For Excellence Chapter Awards Program at this year's IECA conference in Reno. One of the options for our prize is a one-year Professional Membership to IECA (which includes Chapter membership)... and we're going to pass that prize along to some lucky winner in Burlington. For more information about the benefits of Professional Membership (a $170 value), please go to http://www.ieca.org/membership/whyjoin/categories.asp#professional.
Attendees will be given drawing tickets at the time of sign-in for this and other prizes to be announced. Drawings will be made during the lunch break on Thursday the 25th. Information about the prizes we gave away last year in Albany can be found on the NEC'06 page on this website.